Hyperpigmentation & Damage Skin - 6 Wks After Fraxel Restore?

I had my first Fraxel 6-7 wks ago and I'm having hyperpigmentation. I used bleaching cream (8%) 2 wks before my fraxel and continue to use twice daily. I've been religious about staying out of the sun and using sunblock. My skin also looks worse, the texture looks leathery and in some areas (especially under eyes and upper cheek) it looks like I've had YEARS of sun damage.My Dr. says that's normal and my skin is repairing itself, however I have my doubts. I think my skin is permanently damaged.

Discoloration after Fraxel

+1

Fraxel laser can cause increase in skin pigmentation especially if it was performed in the summer season, as sunlight will strongly stimulate skin darkening. applying HQ will decrease your risks for further skin darkening but it will not completely eliminate them. its best to use a heavier sunscreen and to avoid mid day sun as much as possible