Hyperpigmentation scar caused by fingernail scratch on the face. Which product will lighten the scar?

My 4 year old daughter has a flat hyperpigmentation scar that occurred from a fingernail scratch on her cheek about 6 months ago. She is a lighter tone african indian American .After healing the scar was white, within a couple of weeks turned brown and is still visible. What product do you recommend to help lighten the scar or will it fade with time.

Hyperpigmentation After Skin Trauma

+1
I would get a hydroquinone and vitamin C combination such as Obagi C clarifying serum twice daily, a retinol at night, and a broad spectrum sunscreen on top.  You should see a dermatologist with expertise in treating skin of color and skin pigmentation as a combination of topical bleaching agents are going to be needed.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Melarase and Plato's Dark Scar Corrector for hyperpigmentation

+1
Hyperpigmented scars are quite common. In our office, we start patients on Plato's Dark Scar Corrector and Melarase PM cream twice daily to help reduce the pigmentation. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS