Hyperhidrosis on my Lower Back and Buttocks?

Hello, im a female 33 years old, i weigth about 129 lbs and heigth 5'3..., i suffer from hyperhidrosis in my buttocks and lower back for now tree years, i was seen by endocrinologist, dermatologist and they say its hyperhidrosis...its so embarrasing to wear any clothes because i sweat and my clothes get soaked, i started paying attention for the last 3 years..prior to this i didn suffer from this at all. I had used a liquid medication for it, but does not help much..any other treatments?

Botox Works for Buttocks and Lower Back

+3

Botox is FDA approved for use in the underarms and also used for excessive sweating (eccrine sweating) in the lower back, below the breast, buttocks, groins, inner thighs and so on. An experienced hyperhidrosis specialist can help you and can effectively inject Botox in these areas of the body. You will need approximately 200 units of Botox injected and this will be effective in relieving hyperhidrosis for 4-6 months at a time. Treating these areas with Botox will significantly improve your quality of life (QOL) indicators. I do not recommend lumbar sympathectomy for lower body sweating.

Web reference: http://www.EliminateSweating.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

Botox for sweating on back and buttocks

+2

I have treated hundreds of people with hyperhidrosis, and the most common areas treated are: armpits, hands, then feet. I also have treated the scalp, face, groin, and pretty much any other area on the body all with excellent results. Botox stops communication between nerves and sweat glands, and so it works everywhere that it is injected. While Botox works great, in some people who sweat in multiple locations, oral therapy with oxybutynin or glycopyrrolate should be considered by your dermatologist. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyperhydrosis, Buttocks

+2

A new treatment for Hyperhydrosis of the axilla and possibly the buttocks is the Cellulaze laser.  One treatment can effectively reduce sweating for the long term.

When used to improve buttock cellulite  Cellulaze may decrease sweating as well by inactivating the seat glands.  Watch for new research on results with this treatment. 

Please consult in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making any treatment decisions. Cheers

+1

Botox is a great option and highly effective helping excessive sweating, its best you seek a Board certified physician or a Dermatologist who is experienced treating Hyperhidrosis

Botox for back sweating

+1

Botox can be a very effective remedy for excessive sweating virtually anywhere on the body.  It can dosed to last anywhere from 3-6 months.  You will know that it is starting to wear off when the sweating begins to return.  The amount (and cost) really depends on the surface area of the back and buttock.  I would go to a board certified provider who is comfortable dealing with Botox and hyperhidrosis.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.