Hyperdidrosis - No Results After Botox. What Can I Try?

I've always had to carry deodorant and scent free wipes in my purse to clean off & reapply deodorant during the day due to hyperhidrosis. The sweating doesn't leak through clothing; rather the underarms are constantly moist and never feel dry, beginning minutes after I shower. In October/2011, I received my first Botox injections. After 100 units, NO RESULTS! I want to feel dry for once in my life, & I don't want this to affect my wedding dress selection. What other treatments can I try?

Hyperhidrosis treatment for the armpits if Botox does not work

+2

Miradry or Retrograde Suction curettage work well for hyperhidrosis of the axilla and armpits in my Los Angeles practice.

Botox works like a charm for underarm hyperhidrosis - if not, try miraDry

+1

Botox works great for underarm hyperhidrosis and it is a surprise (rare) for it not to work. The next step would be to try again with another round of Botox or go for the miraDry procedure. miraDry is better than 86% effectve and is FDA approved for underarm hyperhidrosis.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

MiraDry is a new treatment for Hyperhidrosis

+1

There is now an FDA approved treatment for excessive underarm sweating called MiraDry.  In clinical studies, the average sweat reduction was 86%. Other treatments are designed to temporarily disable the sweat glands, however, with MiraDry, results are lasting because the sweat glands are actually eliminated. 

Kathleen M. Welsh, MD
San Francisco Dermatologist