Show more dry lip
- See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to assess the proportions of your lips.
- The photo suggests a lip lift might be helpful.
- Botox or Dysport will not help - the nurse clearly did not understand lip dynamics.
- Fillers along the white roll of the lip with roll it up. That plus a little filler in the red lip - and you should have the look you want. Definitely not an injection nurse.
- If not fillers, a Permalip implant (they are so small you want the large size)
- Or you can try fat injections which can look natural but cause severe swelling for about 1 week. Best wishes.
Have a question?
Ask a doctor
Lip Flattening When Smiling
Fillers can work to lift/evert the lip if done properly. You must go to an experienced injector. however, what I have also found to be very effective for this beyond a lip-lift surgical procedure which I perform, is Ultherapy or Thermage. These are dermal heating procedures used to stimulate collage growth and have both been found to be effective in lifting and tightening the skin. Find a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience in all these procedures so they can give you the best opinion. I do not feel neuromodulation will help this problem. I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.
? Botox for bringing out top "dry lip"
I think that fillers can help with this if they are done properly. You might want to go for a consultation with someone that does a lot of lip fillers. My preference would not be an injection nurse but an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.