Hyper Pigmented Scars; am I Going in the Right Direction for Treatment? (photo)

Hello Doctors, Over 15 years, due to dermatillomania, I scratched my wounds and created skin deep hyperpigmented scars. I'm under a scar removal treatment and my doctor is doing Total Hair Removal + 6 chemicals peels (alternatively) on my legs. After 5 chem peels and 4 sessions of hair removal, I could see only 40 result. My doctor suggests that after 3 months or so if this doesn't work, she might perform CO2 laser on my legs. Do you think I'm going in the right direction? Please check the pics

Lightening creams will help quicken the process

+1

Based on your photos, there seems to have been an improvement in pigmentation. Also, there are fresh excoriations in your before image, so I am guessing you are on some treatment for dermatotillomania as well. You may consider checking with your doctor about adding hydroquinone based lightening creams between treatments, if you are taking a break after the 6th peel. Also, since the excoriations seem fresh, going by your before photos, giving the skin some time to heal while you use some lightening creams may also work. 

India Dermatologist