Normal To Have Hyper Pigmentation After Mini-facelift? Is It Permanent?

Hello, I had a mini-facelift 10 days ago and have noticed that my lateral cheek skin is darker and patchier than the rest of my face. Is this normal?

Hyper pigmentation after a Mini Lift

+2

There are only a few reasons why Tunisia colors change after surgery. The most common would be a resolving hematoma. These are usually self resolving, message and external ultrasound may be of some help. 10 days is not very long and you certainly  discuss this with your surgeon . Other reasons that could be more concerning include problems with your circulation, or infection.  Be comfortable discussing these problems with your surgeon. Good luck ! 

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Pigmentation abnormalities are common during the 1st month after a minilift.

+1

Mini lifts or full face/neck lifts cause bruising which spreads across the whole face because of the compression garments we wrap patients into now a days. The discolorations from the bruises can be brown, yellow , greenish, purple, blue etc... Fortunately, they resolve within 1 month. Taking arnica is helpful. sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

It is a good idea to see your doctor

+1

It is advisable to see your doctor to ensure there isn't a circulation problem in the area. It might not be anything serious, but it is a good idea to make sure. Good luck!

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Pigment changes after a mini facelift

+1

It is very common for there to be temporary pigment issues after facial surgery due to the small amounts of blood underneath the skin. Time will make it go away, arnica Montana can help, and using sunblock is a must. Also using hydroquinone can help it too.

Julio Garcia, MD