Hyper-Pigmentation After Fractional CO2 on Indian Skin !

I am an Indian with Skin Type 4. I have got the DeepFx Fractional CO2 laser done on my face.It has been close to a month now but the entire area where the laser was used looks like a very distinct patch, it looks the same way as if that area was burnt and has become dark then the rest of my skin though it is not very intensely dark, but it is darker than the rest of area of my skin. Can this be termed as Hyper-Pigmentation or is it a normal? Settings were 35mj,Density 2 with a double passing.

Hyperpigmentation After Fractional CO2

+1
Thank you for your question. This sounds like there is some hyperpigmentation. You need to use Sunscreen SPF30 or more, Zinc and or Titanium in composition, and apply every 2 hours. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Melarase and Melapads to correct pigmentation

+1

I would advise you to begin treatment with Melarase and Melapads immediately to begin correction of the pigmentation that you have sustained. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Hyperpigmentation after Deep FX

+1

What you describe sounds like post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, although I cannot say for sure without an examination. This is one of the more common side effects encountered in patients with darker skin types after fractional CO2 resurfacing. Fortunately, this almost always resolves with time. Sun protection and a skin lightening product can also encourage the skin to lighten more quickly. 

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

You have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation after Deep FX

+1

Yes, you do have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.  This is the most common adverse outcome in treating skin types 4 and above.  Fortunately, it can be treated.  Strict sun protection and prescription bleaches are the way to go.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Deep FX

+1

Yes It can be hyperpigmentation from the laser treatment.  You had relatively aggressive treatment for type 4 skin.  Generally i do  a test patch area for patients with darker skin to see how they respond to treatment.  You should speak to your Dr  about the possible benefits of post laser hydroquinone.  If your condition doesn't improve with time you may benefit from  sequential erbium mico laser peels.  Dr Solomon

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon