Hyper Pigmentation After Cellulaze? Or Just Healing?

I'm 8 weeks out and had my cellulaze done by Dr. DiBernardo who is very reputable in the area. I had 16 sectors on my butt, small area on back of legs and a little on the sides. I still see slight bruising under the skin which has created a very uneven appearance. I'm not sure if this is bruising or a permanent pigmentation issue and am beginning to become alarmed. At my 1 month I was told I'm coming along great, was NEVER warned about pigment issues. Could this be me just healing?

Hyperpigmentation

+2

I would not worry - this will get better.  The discoloration is likely due to hypervascularity.   Rememeber it can take at least 3-6 months to see your final results and results continue to evolve and improve up to 12 months.  The theory is that the hypervascularity (increase blood flow to skin) is bringing new cells to build/thicken your collagen to improve the appearance of your skin - making it more resilient to show the effects of cellulite.  Hope this helps.

Hyperpigmentation after Cellulaze

+1

Hello and thanks for the question.  You are still in the early healing phase of the procedure, so I would not be concerned about too much.  I would definitely discuss this with Dr. DiBernardo so he can reassure you himself. 

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulaze healing

+1

It is hard to say without seeing a photo; it could be bruising to the area. I recommend following up with your surgeon so they are able to access the situation.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze Healing

+1

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, it is difficult to assess the hyperpigmentation without photographs documenting the issue. I would suggest meeting with your doctor so he can examine the area and determine the best course of action. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Pigmentation after Cellulaze

+1

The discoloration is likely either residual from the initial bruising or possibly from small blood vessel formation during the healing process.  It most likely will resolve with time but I would recommend follow up with Dr. DiBernardo.

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Hyperpigmentation after Cellulaze

+1

It's difficult to say without seeing you what may be happening in the healing process.  Rather than speculate, I would absolutely advise you to go back to Dr. DiBernardo and see what he has to say.  Dr. DiBernardo is an excellent surgeon and has a tremendous amount of experience with Cellulaze.

Good luck~

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Hyperpigmentation after Cellulaze.

+1

This could occur due to the hemosiderin deposit from the bleeding. Best to follow up with Dr De. so he can advise.