Does Hyper Baric Treatment Works with Breast Necrosis? (photo)

Hi, I had a breast reduction surgery from 2 months My left breast is already healed from 1 month ago but I got breast necrosis in my right breast & also a big part of my breast are swelling, I checked no cancer found. I'll send u After treatment & before photos. Thank you so much Nehal

Fat Necrosis after Breast Reduction?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced after breast reduction surgery. Unfortunately, fat necrosis is a known complication that can occur and may take time and/or additional surgery to treat.

Generally speaking, if at all possible, I prefer to allow the areas of fat necrosis to gradually “liquefy” and make its way out of the patient's breasts. This process may take several months/years to occur.  However, by doing so, I feel that  surgical debridement becomes unnecessary,  avoiding the potential for removing otherwise healthy tissue while debriding the fat necrosis.

Of course, your plastic surgeon may have a different  plan of action for you and is in a better position to advise you specifically.

Best wishes; hopefully, you will be very please with the long-term outcome of your breast reduction procedure.

Hyperbaric Oxygen and Necrosis after Breast Reduction

+1

After the necrosis has occurred, there is no role for hyperbaric oxygen.  Hyperbaric oxygen may help in compromised tissue, but the therapy has not been approved for post breast reduction therapy.

Hyperbaric oxygen does not bring dead tissue back to life.

+1

The photo demonstrates fat necrosis (the fat is dead).  It will need to be removed and the wound allowed to heal.  I am skeptical hyperbaric oxygen has any role in the healing process.