Safe to Get a Tattoo After Treatment with Hydroquinone?

I've been using Hydroquinone Tretinoin on my back for about a month now and I'm thinking of getting a tattoo on my back. I've read on some articles that Hydrouinonq can help removie tattoos. I'm just wondering if it is safe for me to get a tattoo?

Hydroquinone will Not Effect Tattoo

+1

Hydroquinone works by its effect on tyrosinase metabloism. This prevents the melanocytes from manufacturing pigment. There would not be an effect a tattoo. Presumably, your sources that suggest hydroquinone can be used to remove tattoos is not from the dermatology literature.

Incidentally, be sure that you really want a tattoo as they are expensive and painful to remove, often requiring ten or so sessions. Also, if you are thinking of the acting or modeling professions, many of those people are successful despite their tatttoos not because of them.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist