Can a Hydroquinone Cream Be Mixed with a Benzoyl Peroxide Cream?

I have an acne medication which involves benzoyl peroxide. I also have an acne scar removal cream that I supposedly was told could be used at the same time. The thing is, the scar removal cream has a warning about hydroquinone and benzoyl peroxide together causing brown patches. Can I still use both? Do I just have to spread out the the applications so that they are not put on at a same/similar time?

Hydroquinone and benzoyl peroxide can cause darkening of the skin

+1

Hydroquinone and benzoyl peroxide can cause darkening of the skin. Each agent alone can cause darkening of the skin so that it is logical that the two together could do so. Any agent that causes inflammation of the skin can cause darkening so that working with a dermatologist is important.

Chicago Dermatologist