Do I Have to Use Hydroquinone After Fraxel Restore?

I had a fraxel restore treatment for melasma. The doctor suggest me to use dydroquinone cream for 6 weeks after first week. But I'm trying to avoid it as I'm still breast-feeding. Is there anything else I can use? And going forward, do I have to bleach my skin to maintain the results of fraxel? Thanks.

Fraxel restore for melasma

+1
Melasma is often difficult to treat and often returns. I would sufgfest using a lightening cream before and after Fraxel Restore for melasma especially after pgregnancy. Therefore I would encourage you to wait if possible to do the Fraxel after you finish breast feeding. If not practical, then use a high sunbscreen preferably with zinc or titanium dioxide and avoid being outdoors when the sun is strongest and wear a wide-brimmed hat.

Pregnancy will be a problem

+1

Oral contraceptives and pregnancy are the 2 most common causes of a melasma flare.  Be sure you are using a chemical free, high SPF sunscreen EVERYDAY. Stay out of direct sun and avoid getting overheated as this, too, can trigger a melasma flare or relapse. Your OB is going to nix all those topicals, but Vitamin C is safe and azaleic acid might get the green light for safety. Always listen to your OB and if worse comes to worse, you can repeat the Fraxel treatmewnt s after you deliver.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist