Hydroquinone for Acne Scars?

Does Hydroquinone help clear face or just prevent any damage?

I have redness and dark purplish-like spots left from acne and I'm still just a teenager. I tried Fraxel Laser and it did nothing. I've been hearing about Hydroquinone, a friend of mine whose face was just about as bad as mine says it works great if you give it a few months.

However, I also heard that it is only for preventing any damage and not for treating it, and online I have heard both.

Helpful for Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation

+1

If these spots are from prior acne lesions. If they are flat. If our skin is a Type IV-VII. Then, most likely this is post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation and would respond modestly to Hydroquinone.

When I am faced with this therapeutic problem, I usually add Retin A (or another retinoid) to the hydroquinone ( Tri-Luma does this along with a steroid cream). I then prescribe Finacea gel to use in the morning. Unlike hydroquinone, finacea (azalaic acid) is much less likely to depigment normal skin.
It is true. Hydroquinone does work slowly.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist