Hydogel Injections Vs. Fat Transfer for Butt Enhancement?

Which is better - hydrogel butt injections or body fat transfer? which one lasts longer with better results?

Have a question? Ask a doctor

Fat Transfer to the Buttocks is the ONLY safe injection technique for improvement in Buttock Appearance

Hi there-

Fat grafting to the buttocks, in the Brazilian Butt Lifting technique, is the ONLY safe method of augmenting or re-shaping the buttocks (other than implants).

There are now MANY women who have had scary and life-threatening experiences after having "hydrogel", silicone, and other substances injected into their bottoms.

Just last week in New Jersey, 6 women were rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery after having bathroom caulk placed into their butts. They were told it was safe and effective, and most certainly were NOT told it was bathroom caulk.

You should be very careful. Your health and even life may be at stake.

The only way to know you are being treated at the highest possible level of safety and responsibility is to be sure your surgeon is certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery. Don't be fooled by impostor boards....

Here's where you can check if your surgeon is certified or not:

HYDROGEL OR FAT TRANSFER FOR BUTTOCK ENHANCEMENT

For anyone considering buttock enhancement I typically recommend a fat transfer procedure.  In my practice I do not offer any other type of injections into the buttock area.  In my experience the risk of possible complications is too high when synthetic products are injected into the buttocks and there have been a number of deaths associated with hydrogel injections.  I cannot offer an opinion on hydrogel, but the fat transfer procedure known as a Brazilian butt lift is a very effective procedure to increase the volume of the buttocks.  For a Brazilian butt lift the most common areas that are liposuctioned are the abdomen, flanks, and back.  Removing the fatty deposits from those areas also enhances the buttocks even without a fat transfer.  I strongly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the fat transfer procedure and the dangers of products such as hydrogel.  Even if you are not a candidate for a BBL, there may be other options to help you improve your buttocks.Again, for your safety please only consult with board certified plastic surgeons before any cosmetic procedure.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

Hydrogel injections are illegal.

Hydrogel injections are out of the question.  They are not FDA approved and dangerous.  Injectors are usually not doctors.  There are several complications that may happen with hydrogel injections.

Fat grafting utilizes your own fat cells. This procedure is called the Brazilian butt lift, or autologous buttock augmentation. Using fat grafting has several benefits over implants. These include:

Avoiding use of implants or foreign material.
Treatment of multiple areas to enhance overall result.
Overall lower complication rates
Patient may benefit from losing fat from the donor sites, such as the abdomen (modified liposuction)

Please be careful- avoid artificial injections to the butt!

Here in South Florida, we enforce only seeing many patients who have received injections to the butt of artificial materials. We have seen patients who have received industrial grade silicone that mechanics use, wax, and even bathroom caulk. Unfortunately these patients develop severe reactions which include disfiguring scars, abscesses, and infections. In fact several patients have died from these injections.

This is incredibly unfortunate especially when you consider that there are good options to contour this area. Meet with your plastic surgeon and discuss options such as a Brazilian Butt lift. This is a procedure that combines thorough liposuction of your abdomen, hips, waist, and lower back and strategically grafting this collected fat to the butt. In this procedure, although tissue that is used as your own so there is no chance of your body rejecting it and the results that you will obtain will be yours to keep. Stay safe.

Best-

Pat Pazmino

Pat Pazmino, MD

Butt Enlargement with Hydogel injections vs. fat transfer

Fat grafting to the buttocks is the ONLY safe procedure for "filling" the buttocks.

Hydrogel / "Silicone" / "Collagen" and other injections are extremely unsafe and not FDA approved. Be aware that under our laws any American doctor injecting the buttocks with any unapproved filler is breaking the law and risking your well-being.

Buttock enhancement via fat transfer

FAT INJECTIONS is the only safe form of injections to the Buttocks. There are other safe methods for BUTT ENHANCEMENT. Hydrogel is a very UNSAFE, ILLEGAL method.