Will 1% hydro cortisone cream on an aggravated injection site diminish my Sculptra results?

I used over the counter hydro cortisone cream on an aggravated injection site for 14 days after Sculptra treatment. I started using it the second week after treament. The cream was recommended by my doctor's office. The irritated injection site is cleared up. I only used tiny amounts per day. Will the hydro cortisone have any negative effects on the Sculptra results.

Hydrocortisone after Sculptra

+4
Don't worry, what you have donewill have absolutely NO effect on your response to the Sculptra injections!

Sculptra and Local Irritation

+1
Sculptra is a wonderful product and will provide two years of natural looking results.  Using a topical hydrocortisone cream will have no effect on deeper Sculptra injections.  Now you can wait for the next weeks wile the collagen builds in your skin and enjoy great results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Topical HC and Sculptra

+1
I fully agree with Dr Echavez. The Sculptra is placed at a level much deeper in the skin than the hydrocortisone would ever reach. It sounds like the hydrocortisone resolved the irritation at the injection sites so now you can look forward to achieving a your results from Sculptra. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Hydrocortisone and Sculptra

+1
The use of topical hydrocortisone should not have any effect on your Sculptra results.  The Sculptra is placed in a level deeper than the hydrocortisone would reach. 

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon