Hydrelle a Less Expensive Alternative to Juvederm?

a medical spa/clinic near me in texas is selling discount juvederm called Hydrelle.  Is Hydrelle the same thing as juvederm?  Is it recommended by doctors here?

Hydrelle is not a substitute for Juvederm or Restylane

+2

Hydrelle is absolutely not the same thing as the hyaluronic acid Juvederm or Restylane. The concentration is so much lower of Hydrelle's molecules that the longevity is much less than Juvederm or Restylane. It is a thinner product and can be injected somewhat more superficially for fine lines than Juvederm, but it is not the same thing. You might be happy depending on your condition being treated, but it is not a substitute for Juvederm or Restylane.

Hydrelle

+1

I agree with the others.

I am just starting to use Hydrelle, and so far I like it. I would like to highlight that it has different injection properties, making it excellent to plump up the vermilion. Also, it has numbing medicine in it, which I am not sure if that makes any difference at all.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Juvederm and Hydrelle quite different

+1

While both are FDA approved hyaluronic acids, Juvederm is 24mg/ml and Hydrelle is 5.5mg/ml. The duration of benefit from Juvederm is 6-12 months. Hydrelle lasts about 3 months or less. Hydrelle is a good choice (when injected by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon, not by a med spa tech) if you want to see how you like bigger lips before injecting a longer lasting filler like Juvederm. In summary, Hydrelle is cheaper because it has short duration, but is useful as "training wheels" to decide if filler is right for you.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist