Is Hydrelle (Formerly Elevess) Safe?

My PS is tooting hydrelle for winkle fillings. Hydrelle used to be called Elevess, right? I read some scary info. about people having serious allegy reactions and needing antibiotics.

It is NOT safe and I recommend staying away from Hydrelle; Hydrelle Complication

+2

I encourage all of my health professional colleagues to stay away from Hydrelle. I did not think an HA filler could have such extreme reactions, but I have a patient now who is suffering from injections into her nasolabial folds. I have injected 5 patients total and have obviously stopped using this product since this reaction started. 1/5 is a 20% complication rate. I know another surgeon in the area who had 4/6 patients have a reaction (67%).

I am not talking about a small reaction. I am talking about severe swelling, pain, abssess requiring surgical drainage. Had I known about this, I would have never touched the product. This product should be taken off the market. I have contacted the company and they have responded lethargically. I have filed my complaint with the FDA and will not rest until this product is deleted.

Belotero vs. Elevess for the eyelids - Los Angeles

+1

Our office has used Belotero as an excellent alternative to other fillers for the lower eyelids.

Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Hydrelle: High Density Hyaluronic Acid Filler Best For Facial Contouring

+1

Hydrelle, high density hyaluronic acid filler, works well for thick skin areas on the face. To my knowledge, it is the highest concentration (40mg/cc).

Compared to Juvederm and Restyland, Hydrelle™ are diifferent in the following ways:

• Proven safe and effective, using natural components without animal by-products
  • FDA-approved for treatment of moderate to severe facial wrinkles, such as nasolabial folds
  • Highest concentration of HA for long-lasting results up to 1-year*
  • Advanced formulation containing lidocaine anesthetic for greater injection comfort and satisfaction
  • Unique wrinkle filler option that may reduce the frequency of needle injections into the face
  • Cost-effective wrinkle filler that may require fewer syringes

Allergy is due to the preservative added to the lidocaine:

not to be used if you have an allergy to sulfites (i.e. red wine or dried fruit, etc.)

In my experience, Hydrelle has some similarities to Perlane. Hydrelle is also a little firmer to inject and is best suitabled for thicker skin areas such as nasolabial folds and are very appropriate for cheek, chin, and non-surgical nose reshaping.

George Sun, MD