Hyaluronidase or Wydase 5 Months After Juvederm

Can Hyaluronidase or Wydase get rid of Juvederm that has been in my face for five months already? I have had Hyaluronidase injected four different times with two different doctors over the last five months with little noticeable improvement. I had Juvederm Ultra injected around my mouth on the smile lines and was extremely unhappy and now, five months later, it looks like I might be stuck with these results for another five months by how long it is taking to dissolve. Could another injection with a different doctor maybe get rid of it, or is it pointless? Also, is Wydase any different? Could Wydase work where Hyaluronidase has failed? Help!

Hyaluronidase will dissolve Juvederm

+1

Wydase is a brand of hyaluronidase that is no longer available. There are other brands available -- Vitrase and Amphadase, for example.

Hyaluronic acid fillers dissolve when hyaluronidase is injected. Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid filler, so hyaluronidase will dissolve it. Most of the Juvederm dissolves in the first few minutes after an injection with hyaluronidase. So you will know right away if the treatment has worked.

It is possible that the injections you received did not work because the amount of hyaluronidase was too small. If you are sure that you were given Juvederm and not a non-hyaluronic acid filler, it is worth trying another injection.

I hope this is helpful.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Wydase same as Hyaluronidase

+1

Wydase is a brand name for hyaluronidase so a change of brand probably will not help. The only way it could possibly help would be if the hyaluronidase was a "knock off" product.

My suggestion would be to find the "fixer" in your area. That would be the physician who is known to fix other doctor's problems.

I know this is quite a problem but it too will pass.

Good luck.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist