Hyaluronidase Sensitivity?

I have read some accounts which suggest that people who have bee sting allergies (anaphylactic reactions) may have an increased risk of reacting to hyaluronidase. I have had Restylane placed in my eyelids - but I am disappointed with the uneven results. Is it safe for me (with a bee sting allergy) to have hyaluronidase? Does this apply to all hyaluronidase products? Is allergy testing recommended prior to the injections?

Hyaluronidase allergy - get it tested

+1

If you think you may have problems with hyaluronidase because you have an allergy to bee stings, you can have an allergist test you with this product.

Buffalo General Surgeon

Hyaluronidase and bee stings

+1

I have read this too, but I've never had anyone experience sensitivity to hyaluronidase, even those who may be allergic to bee stings. A-Hyaluronidase is present in bee stings, but that's only one element of about 10 or more, so it's hard to specify what exactly causes people to be allergic. You can have a small amount of hyaluronidase tested on the inside of your arm or in another inconspicuous spot to see if you have any type of allergy to it before undergoing a round to remove the HA filler you are having problems with. I use hyaluronidase a lot and haven't experienced anyone with an allergy.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD