If I Use Hyaluronidase to Remove Excess Juvederm on my Nose Alar, Would It Destroy my Normal Tissues?

I wanted to fill up depression under my zygoma,but the plastic surgeon,pulled it on my nose sides!!!now I have a wide nose which I hate,if I use hyaluronidaae to remove it,would it destroy the normal connective tissues?if not how long would it take for hyaluronidase to act?

Juvederm and hyaluronidase

+1

The hyaluronidase will dissolve the Juvederm.  Any of your own natural hyaluronic acid that may be dissolved is replaced within hours so there is no worry about destroying normal tissues. 

Toronto Dermatologist

+1

No the hyaluronidase will only dissolve the hyaluronic acid filler (Perlane, Restylane or Juvederm) that was injected into the tissues.  

Hyaluronidase works great at dissolving bad HA jobs

+1

Hyaluronidase works great at dissolving Juvederm and Restylane when the results aren't pretty.  It does not disrupt your skin or change it other than removing the injected product.  Make sure to tell the doctor you see if it was Juvederm Ultra or Juvederm Ultra Plus as the "Plus" requires a higher concentration of hyaluronidase to dissolve it.

Also, if you have an allergy to bee stings it is often recommended to have a skin test to hyaluronidase first to see if you are allergic to it (which is very rare.)

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Will Dissolving Restylane Affect my Skin?

+1

Hello.  Injecting Vitrase (Hyaluronidase) to reverse the results of a Restylane injection will not affect the normal tissue surrounding the injection site.  It will only dissolve the Restylane. 

The procedure normally takes affect within a few minutes.  We are also located in Orange County, California and would be happy to see you for a free consultation to discuss the issues in person.  Follow the link below to our site for more information.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Hyaluronidase to Dissolve Excess Juvederm

+1

Hyaluronidase works pretty fast, usually within a day or two.  It should not destroy your normal tissue in any way.  There is no 100% guarantee on anything, but if you are unhappy with your results, it is absolutely worth a try.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist