Hyaluronidase - for Overfilled Restylane?

Had 1cc of Restlane injected into one side of my face 2 months ago and now that side of my face looks very different from the other side. Too full/ face looks uneven. I don't want any more Restylane - considering Hyaluronidase. What are the risks? I am concerned by the MANY negative reviews of blistering, allergic reactions, that the skin looks much worse after. If hyaluronidase eliminates the Restalyne and my own hylaronic acid- how do I know the normal contours of my face will return?

Removal of Restylane from the lips

+1
Our office specializes in removal of lip fillers, including silicone, Juvederm, and Restylane. Hyaluronidase should be used carefully to avoid other complications caused by its injection. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Hyaluronidase safety

+1

Hyaluronidase is safe and has been injected by thousands of practitioners to correct Juvederm or Restylane related asymmetry or overzealous injections, lumps, etc.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Hyaluronidase commonly used without problems

+1

There always is some risk with any medical procedure, but hyaluronidase has been added to local anesthetic for decades, by oculoplastic surgeons and some plastic surgeons to make the local anesthetic during elective cosmetic eyelifts (blepharoplasties) spread more readily requiring less needles and less fluid, therefore, less swelling.  If someone is allergic to beestings, they should mention this to the doctor and avoid hyaluronidase.  I have not seen, nor heard from medical colleagues, that there is a long term side effect from injecting hyaluronidase.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Hyaluronidase is great for adjusting Restylane

+1

I agree with Dr. Kabaker and Biesman. I have also used hyaluronidase in thousands of procedures over the past 20 year.  It is very effective and rarely causes problems. The body makes its own hyaluronic acid very quickly so your natural hyaluronic acid is replaced and returns to normal. 

There are however some people who have an allergy to hyaluronidase.  This can cause swelling, but is very unlikely to be a serious problem.

Hope this is helpful.

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase is safe

+1

I use hyaluronidase on a regular basis to treat patients referred to me for correction of poorly done HA fillers (restylane, juvederm, perlane).  I have never seen a problem or serious adverse event despite having administered this drug literally thousands of times for various reasons.  

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Use of hyaluronidase

+1

I have used Hyaluronidase in the majority of my facial plastic surgery procedures since the 1970's . It allows me to have very little swelling from the local anesthetic present while I am working. Therefore I feel I can be more precise in adjustments I make during rhinoplasty, blepharoplasties, facial implants  or face-lifting operations. I have never seen a problem related to Hyaluronidase other than the local anesthetic acts for a shorter period of time.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon