After Hyaluronidase, when Can I Get More Restylane?

how long after having hyaluronidase under the eyes can you have restylane again?

I had restylane injected two weeks ago in my tear troughs. One of my eyes looks pretty good. However the other eye looks really puffy. It looks like the restylane has pushed my eye bag up and outwards and has a very definate indent underneat it. I'm not sure if my surgeon has injected it in the wrong area. It's much worse than it was before the restylane.

Because one is ok, I was wondering if it is possible to have the restylane reversed on the bad eye and re-done. If this is possible, how long after having hyaluronidase would I have to wait to have restylane injected again?

At least one week

+1

There is no data to verify, but in my experience, you can get a nice result from Restylane after a week post-hyaluronidase. Obviously, it can be longer than a week. Be sure you do not sleep on your side after injection of Restylane as that may be the reason for the irregular result.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Wait after Hyaluronidase

+1

Rule of thumb is to wait 2 weeks, although the product is gone in 24 hours or less.  The surrounding eye tissue is very fragile and may take time to heal. 

Filler injections around the eye can be unpredictable. A lower lid Blepharoplasty may be a better option to treat the fat pads.

Lee Robinson, MD - RETIRED
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait at least 2 weeks after hyaluronidase injections for additional HA

+1

I am not aware of any studies which answer your question directly. According to several drug monographs (technical drug information) there is limited evidence about the absorption of hyaluronidase as well.

In my experience, I ask patients to wait at least 2 weeks before undergoing any additional treatments.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

There is no official timetable

+1

In general, I would suggest waiting about a month.  That would allow any residual swelling, bruising or tissue changes to have resolved after the injection and after the hyaluronidase. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

+1

If you have correction of Restylane by having hyaluronidase injected, there may be residual protein that might dissolve some of the newer filler should it be repeated. I'm not aware of any study that indicates what period this is an actual concern. It would make sense to give the site some time to heal after the treatments and wait two to four weeks before more filler is used, but this is not an absolute.

Ronald Shelton, MD