Can I Have Hyaluronidase to Dissolve Juvederm in Cheeks? Is This Safe?

Hi, I had juvederm voluma in cheeks nearly a year ago and then another small top up 6 months ago, I feel that as the juvederm from before was still in my cheeks now adding more has given it an over filled puffy look ESP when I smile. I have been told by my doctor that using hyaluronidase in the cheek are to dissolve juvederm can hit a nerve/artery and could blind me or cause facial paralysis and thats why he would never treat that area! Is this true?

+2

Voluma is a thicker version of Perlane each are thicker than Restylane or Juvederm.  The Voluma will dissolve on its own without hyaluronidase if you're willing to wait a 12 months or so.  I see no reason this couldn't be done in the cheeks.  

It's very important to remember that there's no inherent magic in and fillers used to shape and contour the cheeks and face.  The magic must reside in the MD's ability to understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Hyaluronidase Safety

+2

The risk of hyaluronidase causing injury to an artery or nerve in the cheeks is no different than injecting a hyaluronic acid such as Juvederm or Restylane. The injury usually happens when material gets inside an artery. With proper technique and precautions the risk is minimal.

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer:

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.