Hyaluronidase to Dissolve Restylane?

Can Hyaluronidase dissolve only the lump and not the entire filler that was injected on tear through?

I had Restylane injected in my tear through and it formed a lump and bluish color. I want the lump remove or flatten but not the entire filler otherwise the hollow will be there.

Hyaluronidase works!

+1

With minute amounts of HA-dase you can get minimal reductions in the affected HA. But expect this to be an imperfect art and perhaps to require several injections.

Hyaluronidase is a Very Powerful Tool

+1

If used correctly, hyaluronidase can dissolve persistent deposits of hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, etc.

The key, of course, is using just a touch of the hyaluronidase. If used very sparingly, yes, it is possible to dissolve just the lump while leaving the majority of the Restylane intact.

We do a tremendous amount of fillers in my office, especially in the tear trough or lower eyelid area. We also see many patients coming in for revision of prior incorrectly performed injections. Usually, I am able to correct just the problem area, without needing to reinject filler. Sometimes, however, the surrounding filler also melts away, so a small touch up may be necessary, and I always warn patients of this reality before we start.

Ilya Reyter, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist