Why Didn't Hyaluronidase Work After 2 Tries?

Hyaluronidase did not work after 2 tries, my doctor told me it is look like i was not injected with a real Juvederm, i had filler injected between her eyebrows, and now i don't know why i have bump in each side under my eyebrow close to my tear duct , i wan injected with filler by a nurse

Hyaluronidase

+1
Hyaluronidase will only work for hyaluronic acid fillers. If the enzyme was not fresh or mixed incorrectly, it might not work well, but if it did not work at all you probably had a different type of filler. Go back to where you had the original filler, and ask what was used.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

+1

Its best you make sure what exact filler was injected, if its not a Hyluronic acid filler, the enzyme won’t dissolve it. 

Hyaluronidase injections for fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane

+1

The dilution of the hyaluronidase may need to be increased. The other explanation is that the filler is not hyaluronic acid.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles, Plastic Surgery

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Ought to see a doctor...

+1

and take whatever records you have from the nurse...unfortunately there's a lot of fake/counterfeit product in circulation...need to see a doctor who treats a significant number of patients in order to be assured that the treatment you're getting is with the real product...sorry to hear about the problem but when hyaluronidase doesn't dissolve the lumps, they're most likely not hyaluronic acid...meaning not in the Juvederm or Restylane family

Ken Landow, MD

Hyaluronidase only dissolves hyaluronic acid fillers

+1

Your dermatologist is correct.  If the filler injected was not an HA filler, hyaluronidase will not dissolve it.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Hyaluronidase isn't working to dissolve filler

+1

Your doctor is correct that HA fillers are dissolved by hyaluronidase (it can take a few rounds to get it all out, but some will definitely go away each time). So if nothing is changing, the logical answer is that it wasn't wasn't authentic Juvederm. Fillers and injectables are expensive to injectors, which is why they are expensive to patients. Sometimes people try to get around pricing by buying out of the U.S. and importing products (this is 100% illegal), but what happens is that what comes isn't the real product from the real manufacturer, even though it can look absolutely correct in packaging. I don't know that this is what your nurse did or did not do, but if hyaluronidase is having no affect, the most common answer is that you don't have an HA filler in there. People are not immune to hyaluronidase, so it has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with what's in there. Can you confirm with your injector what you had done with the nurse and ask for the lot number? Then you can verify some of this.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Hyaluronic acid fillers respond to hyaluronidase

+1

Your doctor may be right in that if it was not a hyaluronic acid filler, it would not be dissolved with hyaluronidase. Juvederm will dissolve, for example, after 1 or more inections. Radiesse will not.  

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon