It Hurts to Sleep on my Side After 5 Weeks After TT and Lipo?

I had a full TT with lipo on waist and ab reconstruction, I returned to work after 2 weeks. Everything was going well except for swelling. I am wearing my compression garment during the day as prescribed. I am not taking any meds for pain. When I sleep on my side my incision hurts on either side to were the pain wakes me up and i have to switch positions or sleep on my back. I am not seeing my surgeon for another 3 weeks or so. Any idea why this is happening and is it normal? Thank you

Pain after Tummy Tuck

+1

I would share your concerns with your plastic surgeon.   I would ensure that your compression garment is tight enough.   

A loose garment offers little support and can cause worsened pain.  I would also ask about scar treatment, as any scar thickening or irritation can cause increased pain.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery!!

Dr. Gill

Post Op Pain following Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

+1

Although it is not unusual to experience pain or discomfort for several weeks following a tummy tuck and liposuction,  if you are having discomfort which is awakening you from sleep you should check with your surgeon.  Call him/her and see if they would like to see you sooner than your scheduled appointment.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon