Will Going to the Dentist 6 Days After Restylane Hurt the Results?

can you hurt restylane by dental appointment after 6 days?

Dentist and restylane

+1

Going to the dentist several days after a filler injection should not hurt the results.  Good luck and avoid the drill!

It should not hurt the results

+1

It should not hurt the results, but I would check with your doctor first.  It depends upon where the restylane is located and what kind of dental procedure you need.  You certainly don’t want to do facial manipulation for the first 3-4 days after being treated with Restylane.  You should check with your doctor if going to the dentist within the first week. 

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

I would juggle the schedule a bit differently

+1

I feel that there is a significant chance that it would in fact be detrimental to see the dentist soon after the restylane.  i would schedule more appropriately in the future ( if possible) so that dental visits\ check ups precede the filler injections.

Vic J. Khanna, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Restylane injection and going to the dentist

+1

As long as the area is no manipulated then you will be fine.  To be on the safe side I would say waiting will certainly not hurt you and perhaps at 10-14 days time you should be safe.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

No problem to have dental work a few days after Restylane or Juvederm

+1

I let my patients see dentists for oral manipulation soon after the fillers. The filler is being incorporated in its location soon after the injection. Provided the dentist does not massage the actual deposit of the filler, stretching the mouth shouldn't affect the placement of the filler a few days after the injection.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Will Visit to Dentist 6 Days After Restylane Injections Affect Results?

+1

Hi Patty,

Only if you dentist decides to start injecting you with more filler. Your Restylane results should not be affected by your dental visit.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD