Why Does It Hurt After Laying Down?

I am one week postop. 300cc silicone sub muscular. I am experiencing pain after laying down. I sit up as if doing a sit up and I feel my chest muscle flex while doing so. could this be causing the pain?

Why Does It Hurt After Laying Down?

+1

Thank you for your question. This is not uncommon because the implant is usually placed under the chest muscle. It takes time for the chest muscle to heal and stretch to a point where the discomfort is minimal to none. Avoid using your chest muscle in excess and do not lift heavy objects to minimize trauma to the muscle. Follow up with you PS and Wish you the best.

Pain after breast augmentation

+1

Your muscles may still be sore and can cause discomfort when laying flat.  The discomfort should improve soon. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Why Does It Hurt After Laying Down?

+1

Dear Ellemb,

Thank you for your post.  It is common to have pain after surgery, including muscle spasms or just pain when laying down, etc.  Your tissues have to heal internally.  This type of pain dissipates with time.  Massage, based on your surgeons recommendations, may also help, as do muscle relaxants.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon