Will I Have a Significant Amount of Loose Skin on my Lower Abdomen and Flanks if I Choose to Do SmartLipo Instead of TT? (photo)

I have loose skin in my lower abdomen, but quite a bit of fat located on the entire abdomen and flank areas. Doctors have told me I need a full t.t, or an extended t.t. or a high tension t.t. with lipo on each one. Then I Smart Lipo with skin tightening. Will I benefit to a flat tummy if I do Smart Lipo with skin tightening or will I have a lot of loose flapping skin in my lower abdomen? Will I have a better chance at a flat tummy with more weight loss?

Loose skin

+3

After looking at your pictures, I think your best procedure would be a full tummy tuck. There is too much loose skin for smart lipo.

Skin tightening of abdomen

+3

Thanks for your pictures.  SmartLipo can give some skin tightening.  However, based on what I can see in your pictures, you would still be left with some loose skin.  A tummy tuck would be the best option for what you are looking for.

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck vs Smart lipo

+1

Smart lipo will not address the loose, overhanging skin or tighten up the stretched abdominal muscles.  I believe you are a much better candidate for a tummy tuck with plication of the abdominal muscles.  If you have smart lipo alone I think you will be disappointed in the result.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Smart lipo

+1

I have a very simple answer...looking at your pictures...you need a tummytuck.  Remember that just because there is a technology that see and hear about..it may not be applicable to everyone.  I think you need something more than what Smartlipo can do for you.

Good luck

Dr. Vasisht  - South Shore Plastic Surgery

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck will give you a much flatter stomach

+1
I do a lot of Smartlipo. It won't flatten your tummy like a tummy tuck will. You will still have loose skin unless you do a tuck.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

from your pictures it look like you would benefit from a Tummy tuck. No liposution wether its Vaser lipo or smarlipo is going to tighten enough to give you the results you are looking for.  Those procedure will not get rid of the excess skin you have now.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS