Will I Still Be Hungry After Lap Band Surgery?

I feel like I'm always hungry and that's why I'm overweight. I don't eat bad foods, just a lot of food. Will a Lap Band help?

Hunger after Lap-Band

+2

The Lap-Band works by slowing down the passage of food from the upper portion of the stomach into the remainder of the stomach with restriction.  When you reach the green zone of correct tightness of the Lap-Band you should get full pretty quickly after eating small meals.  We recommend not drinking while eating.  Follow-up with your surgeon is very important to receive the best results from your surgery.

Shawn Garber, MD

Long Island Bariatric Surgeon

Hunger control after lap band surgery

+2

Lap band surgery is not for everyone, The abiility of the lap band to control 'hunger" is marginal at best.  Without excercise and good nutrition the lap band does not work.  Lap band is not meant to control hunger but desinged to control portions.  it s difficult to predict how well a lap band surgery will work for you.

Ricardo M. Bonnor, MD, FACS
Houston Bariatric Surgeon