Hump 6 Weeks Post Op?

I had open rhinoplasty 6 weeks ago to remove a hump on my nose..and there is a hard hump on my bridge at the place of the hump..is it swelling or my bone???

Hump After Rhinoplasty

+1

It could be one or the other. In cases like this, as you are still early in the healing process, it is necessary to wait until you've healed completely to be sure. It's best that you discuss this issue with your plastic surgeon. I usually tell my patients to do pressure exercises to reduce visibility.

Residual Hump Post-Rhinoplasty

+1

An exam by your surgeon would quickly answer this question.  I would encourage you to return to your surgeon and have them address your concern.  You may have a residual hump which was not entirely removed.

Anthony Bared, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Residual hump

+1

at this early point it could be periosteal swelling or residual hump. I would recommend you check with your doctor at your next exam.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Residual dorsal hump after rhinoplasty

+1

Since you are 6 weeks out, which is relatively early, it could be swelling, bone or cartilage. Follow up closely with your surgeon as she/he may recommend some things such as taping, digital massage, steroid injections or injections of 5-fluorouracil to help reduce the swelling.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD