Will Hump Removel Will Automatically Raise Small Drooping Tip? (photo)

i have small hump and little drooping tip.my dr said only hump removel will straighten my nose,raising the tip will shorten the length..but i also want little raised tip without shortening the nose

Will Hump Removel Will Automatically Raise Small Drooping Tip?

+2

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and Yes, the nasal tip oftens appears rotated upwards once the dorsal hump is removed during Rhinoplasty.  This most frequently occurs in what are termed "tension noses" where the dorsal cartilage actually pushes the nasal tip downward and the opposite happens once this cartilage is removed.  Further tip rotation is sometimes required and this should be discussed with the Rhinoplasty surgeon during your consultations.

Tip

+2

The answer is no. Reducing a dorsal hump will have little to do with the position of your tip. The good news is that your tip can be rotated with several different techniques

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Will Hump Removal Raise Drooping Tip

+2

Removal of a hump will not automatically raise a drooping tip. The slight tip rotation you would have will not significantly shorten your nose. I suggest you sketch or use computer imaging to see the proposed changes.

Hump Reduction and Nasl Tip Lifting

+2

Taking down a dorsal hump when a drooping tip exists will not raise the tip. In fact, dorsal hump reduction alone will likely make the tip seem even more downturned or droopy. The only way to change a droopy tip is to perform lifting manuevers on it, which while lifting it, will also create a shortening effect. You can not lift the tip without creating a slight nasal length shortening effect. I think with the small amount of tip lifting you need that the shortening effect would be inconsequential.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty

+1

As stated by the other physicians

Surgery on your nasal dorsum should not change your nasal tip.

Your tip should be analyzed in person to assess whether it needs to be refined, and/or rotated.

In summary if you're not happy with the appearance of your nasal tip this should be considered as part of the planning process for your rhinoplasty and surgery on your nasal dorsum does not typically affect the nasal tip

Paul Carniol, MD
Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon