Hump Reappearing After Rhinoplasty?

Hi, I had my rhinoplasty only 1 week ago to remove prominant hump with osteotomies. I've had my splint off for 2 days now, when the splint was removed I was so pleased at what I could see, my profile was completely straight. Since having the splint off though,gradually I've noticed what resembles a dorsal hump. Is it likely that swelling could cause the appearance of a hump? I was worried that maybe the hump was masked by swelling. Could swelling shows the same resemblances as a hump?

Hump Reappearing After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Dear Sammy,

Thank you for your question.  You have swelling after surgery and when you have a splint on, the swelling conforms to the straight splint.  Wait till all the swelling is gone before you make a critical assessement of the nose.

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Residual hump after dorsal hump reduction

+1

It's not unusual after dorsal hump reduction, especially a significant reduction, to have residual edema and swelling in the area of the hump.  Your surgeon may direct you to tape the bridge of your nose at night to help resolve this swelling, so follow up closely with your doctor.