Hump on Nose Looks Bigger Now After Rhinoplasty

I am only three days post op since Friday. I had a my nose shaved down a bit, nostrils smaller, and some bulbous taken out of tip. My nose looks worse now than before. The small hump/slope I had before on bridge looks even bigger. Is this normal? Will it looks straight after swelling? I am also getting numbing/tingling under my left nostril?

Swelling 3 days after Rhinoplasty.

I'm not certain how you are even able to see the nasal bridge 3 days after a Rhinoplasty as I use a cast on all Rhinoplasty patients for the first do many Rhinoplasty surgeons.  Swelling for the first month is asymmetric and you should not expect to see the final results for 4-6 months.

3 days after rhinoplasty

3 days after rhinoplasty - you are still very swollen!  Give it some time.  It takes a few months for the swelling to go down.  I recommend if you have any concerns, you talk to your plastic surgeon.  I'm sure he/she would be happy to answer and questions you might have.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Bigger hump after rhinoplasty

Everyone has swelling after rhinoplasty, your appearance 3 days after the procedure is a poor predictor of your final outcome. It is also normal to have some mild numbness or tingling; this takes a few months to completely resolve.

I always use a splint after rhinoplasty as this not only stabilizes the bones, but also decreases the swelling.   You should have your surgeon look just to make sure the larger bump is not a hematoma.

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

It is completely normal to have swelling after rhinoplasty, the more work a nose undergoes the more swelling a patient has. My patients usually keep the splints on for one week, and the swelling lasts for weeks to few months.

Fadi Nukta, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon