Hump on Nose Looks Bigger Now After Rhinoplasty

I am only three days post op since Friday. I had a my nose shaved down a bit, nostrils smaller, and some bulbous taken out of tip. My nose looks worse now than before. The small hump/slope I had before on bridge looks even bigger. Is this normal? Will it looks straight after swelling? I am also getting numbing/tingling under my left nostril?

Swelling 3 days after Rhinoplasty.

+1

I'm not certain how you are even able to see the nasal bridge 3 days after a Rhinoplasty as I use a cast on all Rhinoplasty patients for the first week...as do many Rhinoplasty surgeons.  Swelling for the first month is asymmetric and you should not expect to see the final results for 4-6 months.

3 days after rhinoplasty

+1

3 days after rhinoplasty - you are still very swollen!  Give it some time.  It takes a few months for the swelling to go down.  I recommend if you have any concerns, you talk to your plastic surgeon.  I'm sure he/she would be happy to answer and questions you might have.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Bigger hump after rhinoplasty

+1

Everyone has swelling after rhinoplasty, your appearance 3 days after the procedure is a poor predictor of your final outcome. It is also normal to have some mild numbness or tingling; this takes a few months to completely resolve.

I always use a splint after rhinoplasty as this not only stabilizes the bones, but also decreases the swelling.   You should have your surgeon look just to make sure the larger bump is not a hematoma.

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

It is completely normal to have swelling after rhinoplasty, the more work a nose undergoes the more swelling a patient has. My patients usually keep the splints on for one week, and the swelling lasts for weeks to few months.

Fadi Nukta, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon