Hump on Nose After Hard Blow to Nose, 6 Months Post Rhinoplasty?

6 months ago I had rhinoplasty to remove a dorsal hump, and I loved my result, my nose was very straight. One day ago my dog smashed me in the nose from below pushing it upwards, was very pain ful but did not bleed. Now my nose is no longer straight, a hump has formed in the middle section almost like everything shifted up. There is also slight bruising. This is very upsetting. What could this be, and would a revision be necessary? If so how long would I have to wait?

Trauma To Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

See your Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible.  An exam is needed to determine the best for you.  Best wishes!

Trauma to the nose after a good rhinoplasty

+1

I recommend following up with your plastic surgeon, who may be able to straighten your nose sooner than later. Sometimes a simple closed reduction of post-traumatic crooked nose is all that is required to make the nose straight again. Thank you for sharing your concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD