Hump Exposed Septum Cartilage After Rhinoplasty, Will it Close by Itself or Do I Need a Surgeon? (photo)

hi, I am 40 days post op from a rhinoplasty in South Korea (begin july 2013). I got a little "hump exposed septum cartilage" (approx 2mm large). I currently keeping the tissue moist with saline spray. I would like to know if you think the area will close by itself or I need to ask a surgeon to "excise" some thin layers of the septum exposed cartilage to facilitate the healing (flesh covering) Note: I live in australia Thank you for your help

40 days after rhinoplasty all wounds should be healed.

+2

Is possible that the cartilage is infected which would create chronic drainage. There might also be a foreign body in the area. Nevertheless it should be inspected by plastic surgeon since it should have been closed long ago.

Hump Exposed Septum Cartilage After Rhinoplasty, Will it Close by Itself or Do I Need a Surgeon?

+1

Either return to the out of country surgeon for care or seek in Aust. PS to render reparative care at a fee.