Hump on Bridge of Nose is It Swelling?

I had open rhinoplasty 8 weeks ago and my surgeon taped my nose for 3 weeks and following the removal of the tape I noticed a small hump on the bridge of my nose. When I tape it a night time and remove the tape it goes down but during the day it pops back up again.It feels abit soft to touch as well. Is it this swelling and will it go away in time cause when the tape comes off it looks flat but then appears again. Also I had a few minor hits to my nose which weren't painful around 2 weeks post op.

Nasal Bump At 2 Months Post Surgery

+2

Based on your description, it is hard to determine the nature of your nasal bump but at 2 months post-op, it is more likely to be caused by swelling than being the formation of a scar tissue.

Nonetheless, nothing can be determined for sure without a physical examination.

Also, the end-results tend to get established in full at about 12 months post-op on average. Therefore, being patient and wait for the full recovery to take place is essential.

Meanwhile, I recommend that you follow your surgeon's instructions religiously while keeping him/her in the loop of your recovery process.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Hump on Bridge of Nose is It Swelling?

+1

A bump can be from many different things such as swelling or scar tissue and sometimes even cartilage that is still causing some fullness in that area. Being that said it is impossible for any of us to know without examining you. It is totally normal to have swelling this close to your surgery and it can last for up to one year. I would continue to see your surgeon and express your concerns. Sometimes if I do feel that scar tissue is forming I will inject a small amount of steroid to help halt the scarring process. Whether you are a candidate for that or not I do not know, but I can tell you nasal surgery is so delicate and the final result takes 6-12 months to really appreciate.

Richard J. Brown, MD