Hump After Taping a Revision Rhinoplasty, Permanent?

I had revision rhino 7 weeks ago to remove hump. My doc didn’t brake bone he rebuild it using my own cartilage from septum . Nose was nicely curved at 1st but was swollen so I tape it. It was making my nose thin so I kept doing it for 2 weeks. Then I noticed the area that I had the tape was created a hump and now it is very visible. The part that was touching the ends of the tape is recessed and in the middle it was created a hump. Did I ruined my nose ? The hump doesnt feel swollen but it is hard.

Hump after taping revision rhinoplasty permanent?

+1

It is not likely you did any permanent damage to your result. You may have created additional swelling in the area. There is also existing swelling that can create the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. In general, it is best to avoid the following after surgery:

1) Applying pressure to the nose

2) Picking at or touching the nose

3) Refraining from following the guidelines given by your surgeon

The hard feeling may be due to excess swelling. I would recommend following up with your surgeon to ensure you are healing properly. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Changes to the nose take time after rhinoplasty

+1

You probably did not "ruin" your nose.  Changes after rhinoplasty can take over a year to settle down.  Cartilage grafts will undergo changes that may include firmness and irregularity at first, then gradually smooth out and soften.  Taping may alter swelling, but the cartilage is probably safe, unless it was dislodged.  Follow up with your surgeon, as he is most able to answer your question.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD