Hump After Surgery (Closed Rhinoplasty)? (photo)

My surgery was 7 days ago and today I got my cast (bandage) off. It looks really swollen and I noticed a big hump on my bridge. The doctor said that it will go away with massage, but it looks really big and it feels very strange and uneven. In the surgery I just got my bridge straightened and my nose tip remodelled. The hump really scares me, because my nose looks so sunken in in the middle. Will it really go away with massage? If so, then I will massage it all day! I included a picture.

Needs more time

+2

Hello. At seven days you are still far from your final results and I would advise you to be patient. Rhinoplasty patients will not see the true outcome of their surgery until roughly one year after the initial operation. Any unsatisfactory results can be attributed to swelling at this point.

Jaime Perez, M.D.
Rhinoplasty specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Hump after rhinoplasty

+2

IT  Is    too  short   time  to  decide  if  it  is   only  swollen     or  if it  was a not enough correction   of  the  hump  you  had ,  We  can   not  determinate    that  at this point,  The  best   is to  wait ,    and  continue   with the recomendations of    your physician .

Cynthia Disla, MD

In rhinoplasty edema may persist for 3-6 months

+1

is too early to evaluate and give an accurate review, in rhinoplasty edema may persist for 3-6 months and in some cases up to 1 year, I advise you to be patient and wait, massage and ultrasound are useful but not essential

Jose Luis Acosta Collado, MD

Swelling after a rhinoplasty

+1

You need more time for your swelling to resolve before you can assess the results of your closed rhinoplasty.  Most likely the swelling will decrease over the next 3 months.  

Hump after rhinoplasty

+1

At one week with swelling it is difficult to say. It is best to let it heal and re-evaluate in a few months.

+1

Yes appears as a residual bony humming. Allow 3 months to heal  than consider revision surgery. Good luck