Hump 10 Months Post Op? (photo)

10 months ago i had an open rhinoplasty to remove a hump.. After that I have some callus in the same place of the bone, but it is getting smaller... Can massaging it help it resolve?! If yes how should I massage my nose?! Thank you for your answers

Hump 10 Months Post Op?

+2

I do not think that massage will offer any benefits.  You may want to wait a little longer as this hump is miniscule.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Hump 10 Mths Post Op

+2

You may notice more improvement over time.  I would avoid massage at this point, but discuss your results with your Plastic Surgeon.  He may want to "tweak" the nose at some point.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Hump 10 Months Post Op? (photo)

+2

Thanks for the question.The picture posted does not show me any hump.

Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Possibly too critical of the postoperative result.

+2

It's true that you do have a slight dorsal elevation 10 months after surgery. I think the results good but might get better with time. Massage is of no benefit and probably should be avoided.

Massage may not improve the appearance of your small hump, 10 months after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

The "hump" you're referring to is quite small. I doubt this would improve with massage, as your nasal bones and cartilages are immobile at this point. You may consider getting a drop of injectable filler above the small bump to camouflage it's presence if it does not dissipate over the next two months. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon