I Have a Hard Area Under my New Belly Botton is That Normal? Also Some Bruising in That Area.

Tummy tuck post op 6 days hard area under my new belly botton . All other areas are tight but not hard. This is also where most my bruising is ... Is this normal ????

Firm spot after an abdominoplasty

+2

Some degree of firmness is not unusual and will get better over time.  It may just be an area of swollen fat or the suture line used to tighten the muscle layer.  

Firmness anywhere in the abdominal drape after abdominoplasty is common for several weeks.

+2

The firmness you describe is fairly common after in abdominoplasty. Nevertheless you should be periodically examined by your plastic surgeon to gauge your progress.

+1

Dear BBB,

Thank you for your post.  In general, firmness is not abnormal in areas of surgery, especially right after surgery.  Things to look for that are concerning are buldge, redness, drainage, and hot area that is hotter than surrounding areas.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

I Have a Hard Area Under my New Belly Botton is That Normal?

+1

Although this is not uncommon after TT, the only appropriate source of reassurance is from your surgeon. A call and possibly a visit would be correct here.

All the best. 

Hard area under belly button after abdominoplasty

+1

While you should have a physical examination by your surgeon, this is not uncommon to have scarring and fluid can develop in the healing stages after abdominoplasty.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS