Do I look normal for 3-4 weeks post op? (photo)

I had a tummy tuck and lipo on my stomach and flanks 3 and a half weeks ago. Is my stomach supposed to be this loose looking this far after surgery?

Do I look normal for 3-4 weeks post op?

+1
Appears as a very conservative excisional tummy tuck was preformed. A posted before photo would help... 

Three Weeks Post Surgery

+1
Thank you for your question. For three weeks post op, your skin and incisions look very good. Was there an incision around your umbilicus? (belly button) If not, then your surgeon did what we call a "limited abdominoplasty," which doesn't involve tightening skin above the umbilicus. Liposuction above the umbilicus is done however. Ask to your surgeon about this since if it was a limited tummy tuck, you would be expected to have loose skin above the umbilicus. If this was the case I would expect you to see improvement as the healing progresses, though you may have a fair amount of residual loose skin above the umbilicus. This could be removed in the future by converting the limited tummy tuck into a regular tummy tuck. This does leave a scar around the umbilicus which blends in very well. 

William McClure, MD

Three weeks after surgery

+1
you are only 3 weeks after surgery.   you are likey very swollen.  please talk to your PS about compressive therapy with a binder or some form of compression garment.  it can take 6-8 weeks to see your final results.   for us to make any comment on your outcome will require an evaluation of your before photo.  please followup with your plastic surgeon.  best wishes for a smooth recovery.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

3 weeks after tummy tuck and lipo

+1
Thanks for sharing your photos.  It is still early after surgery and if you had a significant amount of liposuction performed then you may have bruising like this.  A compression garment is very helpful in limiting this and I would suggest one if you are not wearing one already.  With regard to loose skin, you will still have some when sitting, it is better to make this determination in a standing position.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon and give it time.  Share your concerns about your healing and results.

Best of luck to you.

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Result

+1
Thank you for your pictures.  You will have loose skin in a sitting position.  It is best to judge a result in the standing position.  I am more concerned about the direction of your incision on your thigh. It may not be easily hidden if you desire to wear a bathing suit.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Do I look normal for 3-4 weeks post op?

+1
Discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon. You may want to refer to your pre-op photos during the exam.  Your surgeon knows what was done at the time of surgery.  Since you did not post any before photos, we do not know what your surgeon had to work with. Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD