I Have a Hugely Deformed Nose? (photo)

I was born with a large deformed nose. Ever since I was very young I wished to have it fixed. I had been bullied throughout my childhood because of it. I was wondering if I have one surgery would it be completely fixed or because it is largely deformed would it require more than one rhinoplasty?

Large nose deformity

+1

The short answer to your question is that your nose likely can be improved with a single procedure. That being said there is about a 10 to15% revision rate nationally so while surgery will invariably improve your nasal appearance it would not be possible for any surgeon to guarantee that you might not need a minor correction afterwards. Good luck in your area.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery help is here

+1

Sorry you have been dealing with this so long. We have an amazing team here to ensure that you will get the nose you can be finally proud off. It is important to find a Dr you are comfortable with and who is proven to deliver only the best results. If you would like a virtual consultation please give us a call.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Rhinoplasty for a large nose

+1

Dear Surgeryhelp,

1. It sounds like you are serious about getting a rhinoplasty
  2. In the appropriate client, rhinoplasty has been shown to increase self-confidence and overall happiness
  3. It should only require one surgery for you to get a nice improvement
  4. Please see a rhinoplasty specialist who can answer all of your questions when you are ready

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Surgical Correction for Nasal Deformity

+1

I can understand your aesthetic concerns regarding your nose. Based on your photos, I would say that your nose should be able to be corrected in one surgery. An examination of your nose would be best to truly confirm which techniques are necessary to make this correction. It is important that you choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in performing both cosmetic and functional nasal surgery. If you live within travelling distance of New York City, I would be happy to consult with you about your nose. I have been performing Rhinoplasty & Septoplasty Surgery for over 30 years. If you live farther away, make sure you do some research when choosing your surgeon, ask questions during your consultation and ask to see before and after photos of his/her work with nasal procedures. I wish you the best in your search.   Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS - Manhattan Plastic Surgeon

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Hugely Deformed Nose?

+1

I see that your nose has some issues, but I wouldn't describe it as hugely defamed.  I would expect that in my hands a single surgery would completely take care of your issues.  

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Have a Hugely Deformed Nose?

+1

Your tip can be refined and elevated and the columellar hang improved.  The overall size of your nose can be reduced in one surgery.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

The goal is to perform one surgery to reach the desired outcome. However, every patient heals differently and a touch up is sometimes necessary down the road. Seek the advice of a board certified and experienced rhinoplasty specialist who has performed many procedures. Having a qualified rhinoplasty specialist perform your surgery will help you obtain a fantastic result you are happy with. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Candidate for a rhinoplasty

+1

You appear to be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.  It is important to have a clear set of expectations from this procedure.  It is important for you to know what can be done and what can not be accomplished based on your own anatomy.  

I Have a Hugely Deformed Nose?

+1

Best to seek ONY INPERSON evaluations from boarded rhoinoplasty surgeons in your area/city. Yes a full rhino septa platy would be best. 

Nasal issue

+1

I think if you do not like the appearance of your nose, you should go for a consultation to be evaluated to correct the deformity that you are bothered by.