Huge 6" Wide Diastasis Recti Repair, When Should I Expect the Healing to Finish?

Hello dear ones, #1-This site is great, But I keep checking in monthly, & am so worried my huge Diastasis Recti repair surgery healing is taking insanely Long. I am in pain, but also have 2 35+lb toddlers to care 4. My Surg was Oct.3rd. FOUND Awesome doc knew @ DR, I'D been going 2 back docs & surgeons for yrs for pain but knew w/research had rare bad doctor & no core. 4 diff docs supported this! They opened me up-all in awe- 6" WIDE, 9-10" LONG tear-all 7-8 muscle layers.

Almost four months after tummy tuck you should not be having symptoms.

+1

Hi.

No idea what's wrong, but see your surgeon.  You are fortunate that you have a lot of confidence in your surgeon That makes communication easier.

A long recovery after tummy tuck

+1

After 4months from tummy tuck, you should not be having a lot of pain.  Occasional "pulling" pain in the middle of your tummy from muscle tightening and occasional "shooting" nerve pain on the sides are not uncommon.  However, you should not be experiencing constant pain at this time.  Because your plastic surgeon is the only one knowing your body and what was done at the time of surgery, you should ask him whether this pain was expected and normal.

Sugene Kim, MD

Recovery from Wide Tummy Muscle Repair

+1

It sounds like you may be having some recovery issues. By four months after Tummy Tuck with muscle repair you should not be in significant muscle pain.  Since your surgeon knows exactly what was done he would be the best source of intimation and support. 

Repair from severe diastasis repair

+1
The larger the diastasis, the more extensive the surgery and, hence, the more difficult recovery. If you are in pain, you should contact your plastic surgeon who can best assess whether this is normal healing or something which requires further intervention.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Recovery after TT

+1

Generally, the recovery is complete after 4 month from a TT with EXTENSIVE muscle tightening, sooner is less muscle work is needed.  But only your doctor knows you inside and out and this question needs to be answered by them only.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Diastasis Recti Repair and Recovery?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you good advice without examination.  Your plastic surgeon knows your situation best  and will be in the best position to advise you regarding  complete recovery time.