Protruding Blue Vein Under Eye Due to Broken Eye Socket and Cheekbone

many years ago was in a car accident broke the eye socket and cheekbone due to other serious injuries (broke neck) no 1 worried abt my eye etc i now have a huge protruding blue vein that runs all the way under my eye and now is extending up to the arch of my eyebrow bone what can be done to fix this as no amount of makeup can hide it and its getting worse when i mention it to doctors they seem to just brush it of and say don't think it can be treated. surely there is something that can help?

Prominent periorbital eye veins

+1

As we age, the skin thins ans the vessels around the periorbital region can be more pronounced.  Sometimes these veins can be ligated through small incisions.

Prominent vein around the eye

+1

AS Dr. Stone has suggested, you could try vein ligation as a possible solution to your prominent vein.

Visible vein around the eye

+1

I have treated these types of veins before but none of the patients had one caused by an injury. The key is to find out where the vein is filling from which could be from inside the cavity the eyeball sits in or outside of it. Then through a small incision the vein exposed closest to the area from which it fills, cut and tied off with a suture. Although this has worked there is always the chance that a new vein previously not visible will appear. Blood like any fluid takes the path of least resistance. A new visible vein does not always appear but there is chance that it will.