Huge Nose, High Bridge and Uneven Nostrils After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hi, I had an endoscopic sinus surgery, septoplasty and rhinoplasty done three weeks ago on the same day. I wake up with a huge nose even though I still sleep with my head elevated. My nose is still congested and I cant blow my nose and i try to clean it up with a q-tip and i feel like there is something in the middle of my nose on both sides blocking my breathing.Could it be blood attached to stitches from inside? My nostrils are not even as well :( im depressed and hate myself now i look piggy

Swelling and congestion after rhinoplasty.

+2

Three weeks is very early in the healing phase following extensive rhinoplasty.  Swelling, especially in the morning, is usually seen even when sleeping with the head elevated.  The congestion you feel also should improve as the healing progresses.  Keep close contact with your surgeon to make sure everything is progressing normally and, above all, be patient ... things will improve.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty at 3 Weeks

+1

Try not to feel depressed about the nose at 3 weeks, and the fears about the large tip and dorsum will be allayed as the swelling resolves.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Huge nose

+1

Given the extent of surgery you are describing this seems very early to judge. you are still very swollen and should be patient and keep following your doctor's directions.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post surgery

+1

3 weeks post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon

It's really too early to tell

+1

Noses can change remarkably  over 6 to 12 months.  At three weeks there may still be a significant amount of swelling.  You are not the first person to feel anxious about the way that they look early on.  Most of the time patients are happy after things settle down.  Keep seeing your surgeon so that he can answer your questions and follow your progress. 

Brookline Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks after rhinoplasty is very early

+1

I can only assume your surgeon has told you (maybe multiple times) that you cannot judge the results of rhinoplasty 3 weeks after surgery.  In your case, with the other procedures performed, it might be longer before you see the results that you were expecting.  It is very common for noses after rhinoplasty to look a bit too rotated upward ("piggy").  Also, given the other procedures, it is not uncommon to be congested for a while after surgery.  You should definitely discuss these concerns with your surgeon. 

Web reference: http://www.matthewbridgesmd.com

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon