Is There a Huge Difference if Getting a Just a Tummy Tuck Vs. Tummy Tuck W Lipo???

I am scheduled for a tummy tuck july 1st. I dont expect to look like a barbie doll afterewards. But will i regret not having any lipo?

Tummy Tuck

+1

You will only regret lipo if you need it and don’t get the procedure done.  Have your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon give you their opinion.  Remember, they see this condition before and after many times every week.  Their advice can save you a surgery in the future.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck with liposuction vs tummy tuck alone

+1

The proper procedure depends on the amount and distribution of your body fat. Generally, most patients who undergo a tummy tuck will benefit from some liposuction and contouring of their flanks (love handles) which accentuates their waistline. This may not be necessary if you are very thin however.

Liposuction of the mid/upper abdomen is not advised during a tummy tuck for reasons of blood supply.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine which procedure is best for you.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

+1

No photos so I do not know if you need hip or waist or back lipo with your TT??? Post a photo or speak to your chosen surgeon. 

Liposuction and Tummy tucks

+1

Liposuction can be combined with tummy tucks.  Liposuction is frequently performed on the pubis and flanks at the time of a tummy tuck.  Liposuction of the upper abdomen can be associated with serious complications such as skin necrosis.  Liposuction can be performed simultaneously on the arms, thighs or knees if desired.  It is best to discuss this in detail with your plastic surgeon.

Elizabeth S. Harris, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck with/without Liposuction

+1

You did not mention the area of liposuction about which you are referring.  You certainly can have liposuction of areas distant to your abdomen performed safely at the time of your tummy tuck.  I almost always perform liposuction of the flanks at the time of TT and include this in the fee.  I prefer not to aggressively liposuction the upper abdomen during a TT and do this later as a separate procedure if indicated.

John Whitt, MD

Tummy tuck and liposuction can be performed concurrently

+1

Often some ancillary liposuction is used along with a tummy tuck to further refine the results and provide patients with an even better outcome. It is unclear from your question on liposuction if you are referring to other areas of the body aside from the abdomen. If so, the answer is that liposuction can be performed on other areas of the body if it is needed during the same surgical setting for a tummy tuck. This would allow you to obtain greater overall body contouring improvements in fewer surgical sessions and at a lesser total cost.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Tummy tuck with a little liposuction can make a nice difference

+1

Liposuction is something we use in most tummy tuck procedures, and also in most breast reductions as well. Liposuction allows us a means to contour the transition over the hip and flank, and reduce the mons if necessary. The procedures compliment one another, and in many ways the liposuction is just another surgical 'tool' to get the best out of tummy tuck. Our practice will build the lipo into the cost of the tummy tuck, though ask carefully what your surgeons plans are.

peterejohnsonmd

Including lipo in a "tummy tuck"

+1

Absolutely!! If you want to reestablish the  feminine "hour glass or accentuate it then lipo  is a very valuable tool in the hands of a knowledgeable surgeon. You can see such cases on my web.

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Please send pictures

+1

Do you need liposuction? Without physical examination or pictures it would be impossible to give you  good answer.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Lipo is a tool.

+1
Personally I perform some liposuction on every abdominoplasty I do. Sometimes I remove very little fat with lipo but it is a tool. I find it easier to contour the dogears and I find I need to undermine less. Plastic surgeons often use their tools in different ways to get to their endpoint based on their experience and training. Talk about this with your surgeon and confirm your expectations.

Thomas R. Walek, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon