Huge/asymetric Nostrals and a Long Nose, Can You Help?

I had 2 rhinoplasty procedure done Ist in 2001 for the bump,Second, 2008 for the tip. I have asymmetric nostrils and one side of nose/nostril is higher than other. My nose doesn't feel soft at all its hard from the tip and all bony. When I squeeze my nostrils, left side with the huge hole nostril feels harder than the right side with normal nostril size. The nose looks long to me and hard. Is there any possible recommendation for my case?

Two prior rhinoplasties and wants more surgery!

+3

Certainly you have some issues to discuss with a revision rhinoplasty expert. You really need to decide if you want to expend the time, effort, and money to have this done correctly by an acknowledged expert in revision rhinoplasty (which, BTW, does NOT give you a guarantee that your result will be exactly perfect or "what you wanted"). This is not like "taking a little more off the side" in the hair salon, this is third-time-in revision rhinoplasty! Each time there is more scar tissue, more potential for irregular healing, more potential for inadequate circulation causing skin death and deforming scar tissue, etc. In other words, this is more difficult, more risky, and more expensive, but most patients who require multiple procedures think that their next revision is small, easy, and inexpensive. WRONG!

OK, so now you're in a place you have chosen to be in, and these nasal issues can indeed be dealt with. Describe your concerns, then listen to as much advice as you can regarding recommended surgical steps to address each issue from as many surgeons as you can afford to see. Do this before you are back here asking about a fourth surgery and "where to find a revision rhinoplasty expert in LA?"

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric Nostrils and Long Nose

+1

You need to have a careful review of your previous operations and an examination by an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist.  Depending on your goals, a revision may not be as difficult as you think. Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty X 3

+1

This will be your third surgery and likely to be challenging.  I would definitely talk to your last rhinoplasty surgeon since he/she knows exactly what was done in your surgery.  If you choose to go to someone else, it would be helpful to get your operative reports from your previous surgery.  Regardless, you and your surgeon should communicate well in order to  give you realistic expectations on what can be done given your anatomy.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Nose Job done twice but requesting more work

+1

Given two previous procedures, you are now likely presenting with numerous complex issues which do nto make the procedure an easy undertaking. You may want to consider scheduling an appointment with a revision rhinoplasty specialist.