Are Hp's Right for Me or Are Moderates Better?

I am 5ft 3in. 140lbs. My ribcage measures 31inches ( I wear a 34 band). My BWD is 14cm on each breast...measured by a doctor. I don't want to go over 430cc's as I think any more than that would be way to big. Am I a good canidate for HP's or are Moderates my best bet? Was thinking Natrelle 390-420cc's in saline. thanks!

HP vs Moderate profile breast implants

+1

Dear Sunny,

The simple truth is that the implant will always take the shape of the tissue around it. Imagine a round bag of water. If you put that bag in a square shaped box, it will take on the shape of the box. It is that simple. Tear drop, HP, Moderate profile shaped implants have no real impact on the final shape of your breast. Now, depending on your existing tissue, corrective measures (internal repositioning) can be taken to ensure a nicely shaped breast. Breast surgery has evolved from simply inserting a set of implants to re-designing the ideal breast for all types of women. I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dr. H 

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Are MP or HP for me?

+1

Difficult to tell without more information and an exam. Remember, there is no absolute when it comes to an augmentation. There are lots of variables including tissue thickness and quality and chest structure. I would consult with a board certified PS and discuss your goals and decide on what he thinks will get you there. Good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

HP's or moderates

+1

It is hard to tell you what would be best for you without an exam.  In many narrow patients, HP implants seem to be reasonable.

Picking the best implants for you

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning 2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. 

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you choose saline implants, I would recommend saline implants that have the same dimensions as your chosen silicone gel implant sizer.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Style - HP or MP?

+1

There is no exact method to determine based on the information provided whether HP or Mop saline implants would be best. Forget about size for a minute and think about shape. If you want the most round look with maximal upper pole fullness, then choose the HP implant style. If you want to avoid a very round upper pole fullness look, then choose the MP implant style. There is not a dramatic difference in these two implant styles on the final result as there are many factors that come into play in how the breast result will look. Think of the implant style as just hedging our bet for the breast shape you want.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

HP or MPP Implants ?

+1

The best implant is one that will either fit your BWD "hand in glove" or perhaps exceed the BWD a little bit.  A lot has to do with your natural breast shape, and what kind of look you desire. 

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Implant profile

+1

High profile saline implants when filled to their proper volume tend to give a rounder look to the breast so you need to decide what look you are hoping to achieve. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts that you don't like in addition to ones you like. This will influence the choice of implants. Hope this helps, good luck!!!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination  and a full communication of your goals.

Assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, the next step would be  to communicate your goals  carefully with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Choice of implant profile

+1

Once you have chosen the size of implant, I like to choose the profile that gives a width closest to your breast width, as a general rule. An implant wider than is the breast may give an unusual appearance.  An implant much narrower than the breast may only fill out the center of the breast, and not yield an attractive appearance. Given the measurements you have given, I would recommend using the moderate profile. However, this is only a guideline, and other considerations may be important.  Best wishes.